On 8/28/10 our 42" Panasonic Plasma TV just quit working.We purchased from Nebraska Furniture Mart in Nov.

08. Purchased the extended warranty plan. Thought I was extremely lucky that it went out before the extended warranty was up. Called NFM on 8/29/10 and they put me in contact with the warranty company that day.

Called Insurance Solutions 8/27/10 and they gave me the Service Companies phone number and name which is Fricks's Electronics. They called me the same day and set an appt for Monday 8/30/10. I'm thnking what great service. Long story short.

Frick's diagnosed my tv. Said it was the Power Center that was out. The part would take a week to a week and a half to be in. Ok.

I can live with that. After 2 weeks and no update I call Frick's. Spoke with a customer service rep and asked for an update. I was told that there was no time frame on when the part would be in.

They had 11 to 12 customers waiting on parts from Panasonic that have been waiting for 6 to 7 weeks already. Something about Panasonic in the process of redoing their parts warehouse. Now I am concerned. I express my concern and was told I would receive a phone call from Fricks's by 5pm that day with an update.

I went ahead and called Insurance Solutions to express my concern on what would seem to be problem and to see what their policy was with parts availability on warranty repairs. I was told that if the part was no longer available or there was no eta just simply on back order Frick's could contact them and a claim could be started to just do a total replacement on the tv. Great right? I was also told they would follow up with Frick's and call me back by 5pm that same day.

Did receive a phone call of IS rep and said that Frick's had stated that they are waiting for Panasonic to email them back with parts availabitly. Called Frick's on 9/14/10 and was given to April the service manager. She was short and rude with me. Said she was still waiting to hear from Panasonic.

I called Frick's on 9/16/10 and asked for an update. I'm still thinking about those other people that have been waiting for 6 to 7 weeks ahead of me for parts. I was told still no update from Panasonic. They would give April the message that I had called.

I then called Insuance Solutions back. I simply wanted to know how long as a consumer am I supposed to wait for Panasonic to not contact Frick's on when my part will ship. I was told there is no time frame other than they won't leave me a long time. I asked what is considered a long time, 30 days, 45 days what?

I was told it will be up to Frick's to determine that and let them(Insurance Solutions) know. I said are you kidding me? Who's policing Frick's? I am calling complaining to you about the substandard service from them and now they hold the fate of my claim?

I hung up and called Nebraska Furniture Mart and explained the situation. I was told by a very polite customer service rep that there was nothing they could do for me. It really has nothing to do with NFM. I was like not true it all, it all comes back to NFM.

You sold me the tv and pushed for the extended warranty and it is NFM's name and reputation on the line. When I call Insurance Solutions they say Insurance Solutions warranty company for NFM. We became disconnected and I didn't even bother to call NFM back. I am pretty sure that I am now officially done with NFM.

Why buy anymore products from a company that does not care what happens after the sale. I am done with Panasonic products since according to Frick's they cannot even return an email in over 2 weeks on the availabity of parts for their products. I also read numerous reviews on Frick's Electronics on their terrible customer service and repair time. Our TV is out, it is costing me for programming I can't use and there is no end in sight on this issue.

This is exactly what is wrong in the economy. Take your money and then who cares after that. My next call is with Panasonic on Monday morning to see the availabilty on this part. If this part is available to me, or if this part has a ship date available to me then it is definitly on to the next level.

Nebraska Furniture Mart lied to me and tricked me into thinking that by purchasing that extended warranty that if the was a problem it would have been taken care of immediately. That's false advertising.

Why should any one put out $1000.00 for a TV that didn't last 2 years and cannot be repaired within a timely manner.Three(3) weeks out and no time frame yet.

Had an Experience with Nebraska Furniture Mart?

Comments

Took me 60 days. Day 61 and they finally said my TV is busted and I'll get a replacement.... Replaced by what is yet to be seen.

#194157