82 views
Verified Reviewer

We have shopped exclusively at NFM since they opened the store in Kansas City, KS. Until now, we have been pleased with our purchases and service.

However, that has come to an abrupt end. You can check our account history to verify our purchases and loyalty. We made a purchase for a bed frame, expensive plush mattress, rug and rug pad on 5-13-20. This follows a purchase of an entire bedroom set for our son and completes the room remodel.

We set up delivery for 5-31-20. However, due to a family emergency, I moved the delivery date on 5-29-20. I was told by Jacob with my wife standing there that he could move our delivery but it would be delayed until Wednesday, 6-3-20. I said no problem at all.

We expected a call confirming the delivery time but that call never came.

I called the KCK store around 530pm on 6-2-20 only to learn the delivery would not be coming. Not only would it not be coming but it was delayed two weeks. I spoke to a supervisor (very poor) who informed me the mattress had not come in yet. REALLY?

Why was I offered 3-day delivery when I bought it. We delayed the delivery 3 weeks from purchase to remodel the room. She said we should have received a couple of calls. We did not receive calls on our home, on our cells or at work.

We checked them all. Typically, if NFM gets a voicemail, they still leave you a message with details and a number to call. NOT THIS TIME.

The Supervisor said she would check to see if she could get an earlier delivery, and she said no luck. You will just have to wait.

She offered me the opportunity to buy a more expensive plush mattress which I refused. I do not see how spending more money helps our family. She was very flippant about the situation. I said why is the bed not available when other mattresses said Out of Stock but ours did not?

Her answer was that They expected to get the product in time for delivery. Really? That may be true but that is really a NFM and her issue, not mine. We made a purchase, and they could not deliver on their end.

Did she offer us anything other than sorry, out of luck? No, nothing. I do hope the call was recorded as it will be an ideal example of what a supervisor should not do. We are now in need of a washer and dryer and because of her and Jacob's poor service, lack of understanding, we are definitely going to shop around.

One person doesn't make a company but I have come to expect better professionalism and understanding than what we received.

In the past, if there was the slightest issue with anything at all, Customer Service took care of you and they even offered coupons or a "gift card" that came in the form of a paper like check, etc... I accepted one once and I have refused one once.

My son will sleep on the couch for two weeks because NFM couldn't communicate with us effectively and they didn't even have the courtesy to call us and tell us there was an issue with our order. If I had not called ahead, we would have never known and shame on you for selling product you don't have in stock.

User's recommendation: Maybe, as of now we are unhappy about being lied to and being sold product that was unavailable.

Product or Service Mentioned: Nebraska Furniture Mart Auto Delivery Delivery Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Nebraska Furniture Mart Pros: Variety in product, Ease of shopping and location, Competitive pricing.

Nebraska Furniture Mart Cons: Lack of accountability when they make the mistake, Lack of transparency and honesty.

Location: 1601 Village West Pkwy, Kansas City, KS 66111

Comments

#1949392

We have had a very similar situation with this store, that has prompted us to definitely shop around before even considering NFM again.

The issue was not exclusively the delay as I mentioned in my initial review but rather the fact that I was lied to. I am happy to put the Customer Services name here if you like but I prefer not to out them in a public forum.

I was told without question that we would have a mattress on 6/3/20 by this CS rep. Without question!!! I followed up on Tuesday on 6/2/20 as we had not received a call as we typically do. I was then told the mattresses were not available.

The Supervisor said they called us but they didn't. There was no record on the home caller id or the cell phone caller ids for myself or my wife as all numbers were listed for contact. In addition, there was no voicemails on any of the 3 phones. The lie or mistake and then covering it up with excuses is the issue.

We have left positive reviews many times and we do not ask for handouts. However, the rep and the supervisor handled this very poorly and that does not have anything to do with whether or not the product is in stock or not. It was unprofessional, the rep was nice but not honest and the Supervisor simply wouldn't listen to my point. Will we never shop at NFM again, no, I would not go that far.

However, will we look elsewhere rather than going to NFM? Absolutely we will. This issue was not a product issue but a people issue. NFM "was" known for quality customer service.

There must be a different focus and initiative now. If we do order online again, I will remember that in-stock and out of stock on your website means absolutely nothing and that the company is completely unaccountable for their employee's actions.

Hello Richard, we are sorry for the circumstances that has happened and that the mattress was delayed. It is not our intention to delay the product.

NFM receives an estimated/approximate date from the vendor. It is not a guaranteed date. Vendor delays can happen, however, we do not compensate for vendor delays. We can help with a re-select of another mattress that is in-stock, if needed.

We hope this one incident does not steer you away from making other purchases in the near future.

If you need any further assistance please chat with an agent at www.nfm.com, email contact.us@nfm.com, or call 1-800-359-1200 extension 22445. We thank you for your continued patience and feedback about your experience.

Nebraska Furniture Mart Reviews