258 views

Bought $2800 worth of furniture. NFM wanted $3000 to deliver near San Antonio.

I see NFM trucks delivering furniture near my home 2-3 times a month, but they insisted I was wrong because they don’t deliver here - actually they do, they just don’t advertise because they have contracts with forwarding companies - so they are cheating their forwarders, but still want $3000 to deliver. I said screw that and rented a $300 u-haul to have a friend drive 5 hours over Christmas and spend the holidays with us. Sounded good, except I didn’t expect a call 20 mins before my friend arrived at NFM Dallas telling me “I’m sorry for the inconvenience but your furniture did not arrive”. Inconvenience?

I said no, it’s a freaking problem not an inconvenience! Then she (supposedly a customer service rep) said could I please hang up and call Customer Service! Huh? I thought you said you were customer service!

She said “well I am, but you’ll need to talk to a supervisor”. I said no, you call and merge the calls. She said no, I’ll just make it worse! Hmm, what’s worse then paying $300 and sending a friend with a trailer to pick up my furniture - when you don’t have the furniture!

Freakin *** So I hung up on her called the main office, numerous holds later the supervisor (she never actually said who she was) said hmm. She implied that it was my fault for not confirming the furniture was there. However I had checked the order status weekly since early December and it indicated that the furniture would be ready 2 days before the scheduled pickup (today). So the only recourse for me is for NFM to refund my $300 rental and cancel my account - and any remaining balance will be paid monthly by me, at my convenience.

Save yourself a headache and avoid this place as they are obviously too busy to call the customer BEFORE their pickup date or to update their computer with current order status. There are too many local furniture stores to choose from that do a much better job of customer service. Shame on me for picking NFM.

I was fooled when I spent the first $6000 of my money at NFM Dallas in 2013 when I lived nearby, and now this! I won’t spend another dime there!

Product or Service Mentioned: Nebraska Furniture Mart Credit Card.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Location: 5600 Nebraska Furniture Mart Dr, The Colony, TX 75056, USA

Comments

Hello, we do not mean to impede on your plans for pick up. We show that you have called in and are currently working with a member of management to resolve this issue. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know by calling 1-800-359-1200, live chat at nfm.com, or email contact.us@nfm.com.

Nebraska Furniture Mart Reviews