140 views
Verified Reviewer

I opened this account in 2018 and as with every other credit card I placed this on auto pay. I never look at the statements as I trust NFM to just draft whatever I owe.

Today, Feb 4,2020 I received a text message on my cell phone that stated I was past due. I initially thought it was a mistake considering im on auto pay and the payments appear to be drafting just fine. I called into customer service where I was treated like I did something wrong. I was told that my balance changed in April of 2019 and it has only been drafting based on my original balance.

This is shocking news to me! I go on to explain that it was my understanding that it drafts for whatever the bill is due for, I was told if you make a purchase you have to go in and somehow change the auto pay. I have SEVERAL credit cards as well as bank loans and I have never heard of this! I was told I should have looked at my bill that "we provided" ok...I admittedly do not and THATS WHY im on auto pay to begin with.

So that I do not have to comb through the bills and so regardless of the amount it gets paid. I was then told well you've been past due since last June of 2019, I then asked about the 15.00 late fees and was told they would only remove $5.00. I asked for a manager and another CSR (Crystal) who clearly is not a manager gets on the line and I explain this very logical point to her and she says the same, I will remove 5.00...i have the ability to remove them all however its been past due since June. PLEASE BE REMINDED that I have not missed a payment, that it is still drafting but apparently not the extra $5.00 ( i was behind 27.00 by the way).

I was sure to ask Crystal again just to be sure that this company was going to not reverse 15.00 based on a clear and unorthodox issue, she advised me again. I got off the phone, went online and paid the 27.00and contacted NFM AGAIN (by chat this time...where I encountered Crystal the CSR) and asked how I cancel my account and also for the corporate address to write to about such a terrible experience. I will never patronize NFM again and just so happens that I am apart of a huge social group who will also be hearing about this terrible experience.

I asked repeatedly "does this make sense", apparently when you set up auto pay and YOU PAY...8 months later you will be informed that you're past due when I had no clue about. Shame on you!

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Location: 1601 Village O Dr, Maryville, MO 64468

Comments

#1820367

Hello Brandy. We are sorry to hear of the confusion regarding the billing and autopay on the account.

Our payment processor is a third-party entity and they do not have access to accounts or balance information for security purposes. Auto payments will deduct exactly the amount that you approved either indefinitely, until the end date that you set when setting up the auto payment, or until you manually change it or turn it off. We always recommend that you look at all statements and review each payment due to maintain your financial good standing.

We are happy to look into what options are available and how to proceed. Please reach out to us at contact.us@nfm.com or chat at www.nfm.com so we can review the options available.

#1820677
@contact.us

I did try contacting you for a resolution however CRYSTAL was sure to treat me as I didn't have a valid point and like crap which is why we are here and a number of other places as I am going to warn as many people as possible about how you treat your paying customers. I have spent thousands of dollars with your company yet you chose to treat me as tho that didn't matter to you.

SO BE IT! I Also KEEP asking your company, that refuses to return the late fees, why you waited 8 months to send me a text message saying I was past due. Since you keep saying I should have looked at my bill for those 8 months...since when can you be "past due" on anything for 8 months and not receive 1 call, email, text, letter etc.?

Again, another unheard of scenario. I didn't choose the amount to pay, your system chose the amount for me to pay when I signed up for auto pay!

Nebraska Furniture Mart Reviews