Update added by user Nov 04, 2015
As of today this issue is not resolved.Nebraska Furniture Mart stand behind their poor quality furniture.
I was told they will not repair my furniture but stated, "We will happily sell you a new set" and then I was told they would offer me "special" pricing on a new set. When I asked what the "Special" pricing was it was only $16 off each piece.
I didn't accept this $48 discount because it wasn't good enough.Not sure why they just won't repair the set I already have instead of insisting that I give them another $1200 of my money.
Original review posted by user Oct 05, 2015
I purchased a set of furniture from Nebraska Furniture Mart and I also purchased the Guardsman 5 year warranty. All three pieces that I bought started to rip and tear so I filed a claim with Guardsman. After several weeks had passed since I filed my claim I receive a letter from Guardsman telling me they will not honor the warranty because the damage was caused by a defect in the material. Today I went to NFM to talk to them about my furniture and the claim I filed. I was told that NFM will not honor the warranty and I need to contact Guardsman again. I asked the customer service rep if I could please speak with a manager and she said to me, “The only person you are going to speak to is someone at Guardsman” and she refused to call a manager to customer service. I was also told the defect with my furniture was not their problem and was given the phone number of a company that I could pay to come to my house and repair my furniture.
I then went to speak to a sales person and I showed him the pictures of my furniture and he said it does look like a defect in the material and he kindly gave me the manufacture’s phone number. When I asked him to speak to a manager he told me they were in a meeting but he did give me the name and number of a manager that I could call at a later time.
Next I decided to call Guardsman and the manager there explained they only cover accidental things like cuts from a scissor, cigarette burns and even a puncture from a fork and since my issue is a defect in the material they cannot help. I then called the manufacturer who told me since I purchased the fabric guard from the store that automatically voids out my manufacture warranty because fabric guard weakens the fabric.
I did receive an email back about my complaint and was told there was no coverage for the defective furniture. I understand my furniture is two years old but furniture should last longer then a year. I don't understand why NFM sells poor quality furniture.
Needless to say I am very disappointed with my purchase from Nebraska Furniture Mart. I am now stuck with damaged furniture. I thought I was being diligent by purchasing a fabric guard and warranty when actually in reality that was the wrong thing to do because the manufacture will not help me because of it. I will never purchase furniture ever again from Nebraska Furniture Mart. The customer service is horrible and they do not stand behind their product. I would also not recommend anyone to purchase anything from them after being treated in such a way.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Bait and switch
- Customer service
- Product quality
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- repair or replace my furniture
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Nebraska Furniture Mart 5 Year Protection Plan
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I have tried to resolve this issue in an amicable way but this Company will not make good on their products, I purchased approximately $12,000 at this store to include..."
- "Service tech agrees with customer that table is damaged and also is Manchester loveseat and lamp. The only reason Havertys accepted returning the lamp is because the victim called Pacific..."
- "I bought a red leather couch. It was on sale at $1500. Regular over $2000. I thought I was buying a leather couch that would last for..."
- "Mommy went to the doctor for an eating disorder and was given anti-psycho medication. This made her condition much worse. After several more visits she ended up in..."
- "On May 15th 2016 was my daughter's graduation. Her cake was ordered to be ready for pick up at 12:00 noon. I arrive right on time to find out..."
- "I have not been able to get any response on the availability of the nu dash cover for a 1995-1999 mitsubishi eclipse found listed for sale on six different websites..."
- "UPS are a bunch of cheap crooks. As you can see by the attached photos. they deliberately trashed my order. Now reading the reviews, I can see that they are..."
- " I bought a brand-new Turbo razor from Bert's first trip out and had a crankcase seal leaking took it in the service department everybody said oh yeah will take..."
- "Two year old leather recliner had large discolored area suddenly appear on headrest. I had purchased the fabric protection plan when I bought the recliner from Lazyboy. The..."