Nebraska Furniture Mart - Bad furniture and horrible customer service
Update added by user Nov 04, 2015
As of today this issue is not resolved.Nebraska Furniture Mart stand behind their poor quality furniture.
I was told they will not repair my furniture but stated, "We will happily sell you a new set" and then I was told they would offer me "special" pricing on a new set. When I asked what the "Special" pricing was it was only $16 off each piece.
I didn't accept this $48 discount because it wasn't good enough.Not sure why they just won't repair the set I already have instead of insisting that I give them another $1200 of my money.
Original review posted by user Oct 05, 2015
I purchased a set of furniture from Nebraska Furniture Mart and I also purchased the Guardsman 5 year warranty. All three pieces that I bought started to rip and tear so I filed a claim with Guardsman. After several weeks had passed since I filed my claim I receive a letter from Guardsman telling me they will not honor the warranty because the damage was caused by a defect in the material. Today I went to NFM to talk to them about my furniture and the claim I filed. I was told that NFM will not honor the warranty and I need to contact Guardsman again. I asked the customer service rep if I could please speak with a manager and she said to me, “The only person you are going to speak to is someone at Guardsman” and she refused to call a manager to customer service. I was also told the defect with my furniture was not their problem and was given the phone number of a company that I could pay to come to my house and repair my furniture.
I then went to speak to a sales person and I showed him the pictures of my furniture and he said it does look like a defect in the material and he kindly gave me the manufacture’s phone number. When I asked him to speak to a manager he told me they were in a meeting but he did give me the name and number of a manager that I could call at a later time.
Next I decided to call Guardsman and the manager there explained they only cover accidental things like cuts from a scissor, cigarette burns and even a puncture from a fork and since my issue is a defect in the material they cannot help. I then called the manufacturer who told me since I purchased the fabric guard from the store that automatically voids out my manufacture warranty because fabric guard weakens the fabric.
I did receive an email back about my complaint and was told there was no coverage for the defective furniture. I understand my furniture is two years old but furniture should last longer then a year. I don't understand why NFM sells poor quality furniture.
Needless to say I am very disappointed with my purchase from Nebraska Furniture Mart. I am now stuck with damaged furniture. I thought I was being diligent by purchasing a fabric guard and warranty when actually in reality that was the wrong thing to do because the manufacture will not help me because of it. I will never purchase furniture ever again from Nebraska Furniture Mart. The customer service is horrible and they do not stand behind their product. I would also not recommend anyone to purchase anything from them after being treated in such a way.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Bait and switch
- Customer service
- Product quality
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- repair or replace my furniture
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Nebraska Furniture Mart 5 Year Protection Plan
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "KraftMaid APC "All Plywood Construction" is a true misnomer. The backs of the cabinets are made from a combination of strips of plywood (for wall attachment) and a sheet of..."
- "We purchased a leather sofa and love seat from Ashley Furniture,Springdale, OH in November 2008. I have paid around $1000 for these.It has not been 3 years since our purchase..."
- "First, let me start off by adding that we owned a leather couch for almost 8 years prior to this new purchase. We decided to upgrade to a recliner sectional..."
- "I wrote a FedEx ceo an email stating my situation: Hello FedEx Executive, My name is Colleen Henson and my shipment that was sent through your company was mistreated resulting in the..."
- "Flowers that I ordered for same day delivery to a funeral home for my future son-in-law's grandmothers funeral were not delivered. I received a confirmation that the order had been..."
- "My color is wrong it is o supposed to be red and it has a smudge on the duvet...."
- "Good Jerseys,fast delivey and confortable..."
- "As I stated in my previous review about being charged 3 times vs once, this was such a horrible time for it to happen. The funds were out my account..."
- "This company offers drop shipping on their sites so you can sell their items on e-Bay.com and the items never sells, all crappy stuff. You call them to cancel and..."