3.5
Style and Design

Purchased a Dyson battery operated vacuum January 29 2017 at the KCK NFM.The Dyson representative was very condescending right off the bat.

He acts like a complete know it all and wants to tell you more about his dogs fur than about the vacuum. The vacuum's battery life (V6) is not what he said it would be. In addition, he said that I had a 90 day return if I wanted to go to a larger model. He also said I could purchase a spare battery which turns out is false because the batteries are screwed in and it would not be practical.

Yesterday, April 10, I went to use my vacuum and it did not operate at all. I decided to take advantage of the 90 day upgrade and knowingly give them 200 + more of my money. I arrived at the store and went to Customer Service. She informed me that I only had a 30 day return and showed me this on the receipt.

I asked for an exception and was denied. I was at a 70 day mark. I explained I had only used the vacuum 5 times at the most and I have also been a very good customer of NFM. She didn't care but told me I could go talk to the appliance manager of which I did.

His name was something like Atherton and he was a great guy, but did not have the authority to do anything. He pointed me back to the customer service manager. I went down and talked to him, (Evan) and he flatly quoted NFM policy and left it at that. On my way out I talked to another manager who was the cashier checkout manager.

He was nice enough and said he would get me a store manager. He came back after 5 minutes and said that they were wrapped up and could not talk to me. He gave me the Customer Service Number in Omaha and told me to call them. I did and the customer service person would not let me talk to a manager.

She talked to the Manager and then denied helping me. I asked them to look at my purchase record at NFM because they would lose a customer for life and she simply stated she was sorry. By the way, this premium vacuum which I bought 70 days ago for full price is also now discontinued. Lastly, I told the Dyson rep that I should have bought the vacuum at Costco because they would have exchanged it no problem and he said probably so.

He said that is why I pay a 100.00 annual fee. Again, very smug. So, I ended up taking the vacuum to dyson's warranty center today and they fixed the vacuum. I asked them about trading it in on the V8 and they said to come back in two weeks and they would give me a 20% discount on the $600.00 vacuum.

I asked what they would give me for my current V6 vacuum and they said that was part of the 20% discount.

So basically, they would give me about 1/2 of what I paid about 9 weeks previous against the full price of a new 600.00 vacuum.Deception, and lack of caring all the way around.

Review about: Dyson Sales Representative.

I liked: Selection.

I didn't like: Customer service attitude.

Had an Experience with Nebraska Furniture Mart?

Comments

nfm.com
Omaha, Nebraska, United States #1316980

Hello Sir/Mam!I apologize that you were told that you had a 90 day return policy on the vacuum and that you did not receive the customer service you expected in the store or over the phone.

All items have a 30 day or less return policy that is based upon inspection at the store or warehouse. After that, you would work with the manufacturer for service and repairs. I am sorry that Dyson did not provide a credit or discount that you were happy with either. We do appreciate you as a loyal customer to NFM.

If there is anything further we can assist you with, please Live Chat, call 1-800-359-1200 ext.22435, or email contact.us@nfm.com with your full name, full address, zip code, and phone number on the order.