202 views
Resolved
2.0

Update by user Nov 16, 2018

Following posts here [pissedcustomer] and on Facebook, a corporate representative contacted me to follow-up on escalation efforts as well as service status. Four service visits and just under three weeks following my initial claim for service the refrigerator was properly repaired.

Update by user Oct 09, 2018

One critical word was missing from my initial post. He had my service request with him, but had NOT called and apparently not did not plan on scheduling an appointment to coincide with his trip on Monday afternoon.

Original review posted by user Oct 09, 2018

Sat 9/29 - Freezer not holding temp Ice maker stopped making ice

Sun 9/30 - fridge temp 56*, called Assurant to place service claim [Incident 3990****]- rep said it would be submitted as priority and I would receive e-mail by Monday.

Tues 10/2 - no follow-up from Assurant, so I called back and was told that service request was submitted Sunday but "it looks like she didn't do it right and it did not process".

Weds 10/3 - called NFM customer service to express dissatisfaction with Assurant, asked to speak with a supervisor or manager to ensure a management person was advised of my experience and was denied.

Weds 10/3 - received e-mail "Your case has been assigned to a Service Locating Team. We will contact you once a resolution is reached"

Thu 10/4 - received another e-mail "Please find your appointment information...." listed provider name and address, but no appointment info, phone #or e-mail address. Message also stated :If no appointment date/time was provided, the servicer will contact you to schedule the appointment." The temps in the freezer and fridge had been fluctuating between the setting temp and 15* above the setting for the last week, so I moved the food back in.

Mon 10/8 - called Assurant again to report that the repair company [Billingsley Appliances] had not yet contacted me. I asked the rep why they selected a service provider that was 65 miles away [I live in the DFW metroplex] and she said the repair company had multiple locations. I Googled Billingley again as the rep was confirming the phone #, and the Assurant rep actually miss-read the # to me. I asked her to verify and she gave me the correct number. I then requested to speak to a supervisor or manager to escalate my week long delay, she reluctantly agreed and put me on hold. After ~5 mins she came back and said "Angelo" would be calling me within an hour.

I called Billingsley appliance and the owner [a sole proprietor/single employee operator] answered the phone. He was actually en route to the city where I live [to a residence 10 mins from my home]. He had my service request with him, but had called and apparently not did not plan on scheduling an appointment to coincide with his trip on Monday afternoon. He did come by on Monday night, evaluated the fridge and promised to return with parts on Wednesday. The fridge and freezer were above the temperature set on the unit but still within tolerance for the foods. When I awoke this morning the unit was not cooling at all, so whatever was done to diagnose the unit caused it to cease cooling. the tech had not told me to remove all the food, so I had to throw away most of the contents.

Bottom line - after 8 days and four phone calls, my fridge is still down, and it's been 24 hours, and still no follow-up from anyone at Assurant regarding my customer service escalation request.

On a related note, the fridge was purchased in Nov of 2015, and an LG company technician replaced the compressor due to a total failure on April 9th this year. I asked NFM and Assurant why they did not have LG come back to evaluate since they replaced the compressor 6 months ago, and neither was able [or willing] to tell me why a different repair company was assigned the job.

Product or Service Mentioned: Assurant Refrigerator Warranty.

Preferred solution: I want to ensure leadership of NFM is aware that their own employees and those of Assurant are blocking customers with legitimate concerns from escalating those concerns through customer service channels. .

Location: 5600 Nebraska Furniture Mart Dr, The Colony, TX 75056, USA

Comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your experience with NFM as well as Assurant. We understand your frustrations with the delays, and we would be happy to look into this further for you.

Please contact us through email at contact.us@nfm.com or chat in at www.nfm.com. We hope to hear from you soon!

Nebraska Furniture Mart Reviews